Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wood Wednesday: Ready for a Big Sale

The last few weeks I have been working furiously to get some things ready for a sale this weekend. I have posted about most of it. You can always see what's for sale by looking at the banner page, “Furniture sale.”

Several years ago, while we were still in Bridge City, I found an awful bookcase at the curb. I do not have the before before picture. It was probably 5 years ago.  Someone had covered the top with a woodland scene. There was moss and glitter and silk flowers. It was really bad. But the bookcase was all wood and in great shape. There were no shelves, but that is no problem. I took all of the junk off and sanded it down. I used it to store craft stuff for several years. Recently I decided to fix it up for sale.

This is the before of this latest incarnation.
alphabet 015  alphabet 013 alphabet 014alphabet 012


My brother-in-law gave me several shades of yellow paint that he had left over. I decided to use all 3 shades. I was going to put the plaid on the sides and the back, but it was way too time consuming. The plaid only went on the sides.

Here is the after:
garage sale 019 garage sale 015 garage sale 016 garage sale 017

I also repainted a small coffee table. There was not anything wrong with it. It just needed to be freshened.
garage sale 020 garage sale 021
garage sale 022
The goal as always is to follow my passion and have fun,

but making a little money would be nice also.


This is where I hop:
 moms of all trades
This is where I party:
POV {Shelves}
Photobucket  topsy turvy tuesdays Tute yourself tuesday red and white HouseofGrace    Transformation Thursday  giveaways Beyond The
Picket Fence

15 comments:

  1. Great transformations. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love yellow. it turned out perfect. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!
    Awesome blog!
    So glad I found you through the hop :-)
    I'm your new follower on GFC.
    You can reach me at:
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookcase looks wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice change! ♥ You did a great job on these! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I hope your sale goes well!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice change! Love the yellow bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute projects! I hope they both sell fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bookcase! Look at the awesome storage/display you have now; very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bookshelf is cute. I think it would look great in a baby's nursery or little girl's room. Good luck at your sale.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a GREAT transformation!!! LOVE IT!
    You just got yourself a new Follower!

    Thank you for linking this up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you this week at my
    Par-Taaaay!

    xoxokara
    I would LOVE to have you Follow me:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely! I'm truly a fan of yellow. The plaid on the sides is such a fun addition to a lovely bookshelf!
    Thanks for linking up to our POV shelf link party!
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete