Friday, March 11, 2011

Fabric Friday: Vanity Chair

Several months ago on the way to the post office (honest, I did not make any detours), I made 2 curb stops and found this stuff.
free 002   bed   
Our 18 month old grandson is not quite ready for the bed, but he loved the baseball and basketball games. They are now in our entry hall closet; the toy closet. The bed is in the garage. I need to find a crib mattress for that.

There are 3 drawers behind the t-ball stand. One of those became the Shoe Shine Kit.

Do you see that little chair behind the bed. It is so cute. I am not kidding, it was just sitting at the curb waiting for me. That chair was in great shape. The upholstery was even okay, just vinyl and ugly.
chair 2 Copy of chair 1

Now upholstery is a new endeavor for me. I have recovered chair cushions

shop  shop 065
but not an entire piece of furniture.

I started looking through my stash of curtain and upholstery fabric
  garage sale junk 010  vanity chair 001 vanity chair 002 vanity chair 003
and with my sister’s help, decided on the blue stripe.

Just one word of caution before you start a project like this…don’t take the chair completely apart unless you really know how to put it back together.  I should have taken pictures of each step or just taken it apart a little at a time.

Well, here it is.
 vanity chair 011 vanity chair 005   vanity chair 008 vanity chair 009 vanity chair 006vanity chair 007
I think it is beautiful and I only have a couple of pieces left that I can’t figure out. I still need to put on the hinge for the seat, but I couldn’t wait to show you.

Someday I may take the time to learn how to take better pictures, but there are only 24 hours in the day and 
I find other things more exciting.

This is where I party:

Furniture Feature Fridays Suzy's Artsy Craftsy SitcomTransformation Thursday giveaways Beyond The
Picket Fence Iron Violet Designs    feathered Nest Friday  Stuff and Nonsense



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party! Becolorful


Blog Hops:
A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design Friday Blog Hop The Girl Creative

8 comments:

  1. This looks great! My bestfriend and I just spent a day shopping for a chair for her vanity and this would have been perfect!

    Best,
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation!!
    I have that exact chair, with the exact ugly vinyl fabric. I paid $3. at a Goodwill... I am planning the makeover soon. I was thinking it was a sewing chair..??? As sewing chairs had storage in the seat...But a vanity chair makes sense also. Thanks for sharing yours.
    (stopping by from Miss Mustard seed)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling chair and the new fabric looks so cute on it! Great makeover! Thank you for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! As far as grabbing a button without code- you should be able to copy my button by highlighting (mac) or right click maybe (pc?) and when pasted should link the code as well. Makes it easier than having to copy and past code usually but not always! lol! Sorry about that- thanks for trying! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from the "Creative Girls Blog Hop" and am so glad I was the post after yours. What a beautiful transformation on that sweet little chair! Your newest follower, Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! I love that the chair has storage in it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us for Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chair looks amazing. How cool that it has storage in it. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much. Also, I host a link party that opens each week on Tuesdays at 8pm EST. I hope you will stop by and join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a lovely job with this darling little chair...the fabric is so fresh and cute...so glad you linked up to fridays unfolded!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally impressed and this is your first time with upholstery? Wow. great job. Love the fabric. Thanks for sharing this fun creation on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete