Monday, March 14, 2011

Marvelous Monday: Marvelous Furniture

The last few weeks I have been really busy. I am trying to clean out some of the things that I have so I can get more. We will have a big sale this weekend. The things that don’t sell will go to a consignment shop.

I already told you about the vanity chair
vanity chair 007

and the highboy dresser
Copy of craigslist 1

and the bookcase bench
bookcase bench 008

I also worked on a nine drawer dresser. I found it at the curb last year.
blond dresser 016

It was in great shape but it was missing one drawer. I had just finished painting some wild furniture for a college student so I painted this bright.
dresser 2 dresser blue 3
I put a basket in place of the missing drawer. I tried to sell it, but no luck.

So I decided to start over. I sanded it, primed it and painted it a light blue gray.
furniture 014 furniture 018 furniture 017
furniture 015    


 I did have the drawer front and another kind of drawer pull. I painted all for the pulls hammered silver. The center drawer space was converted to a cabinet front with a hinge. All of the drawers were lined with wallpaper.
I like it much better this way.

I have completed one more piece. Of course I forgot to take a before picture. This little 3 legged table had one broke leg. I repaired the leg and sanded it all, primed and painted with the same pale gray blue of the dresser. Then I decided to paint some branches and birds on the top.
furniture 012 furniture 010
There are several pieces near completion that I will hopefully tell you about later in the week.

This is where I party:
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/  Photobucket  Photobucket   LINKPARTYBUTTON   Boogieboard Cottage 





5 comments:

  1. the dresser looks so pretty in the soft blue, and i looove the birdie table! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your made over furniture is wonderful! You have a real eye for it!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! I think you'll have no trouble selling that dresser now in that pretty grey-blue shade. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete