Friday, March 4, 2011

Fabric Friday: Custom Quillows

        Today I’ll give you a little information about quillows. I do not know the full history, but I believe they originated with the Amish. A quillow in a quilt folded into a pillow. I don’t remember how I first heard about this sensation but it has been fun. I started making them for babies and children.
4x6 Keira 4x6 monkey cars quillow july 005 chloe quillow 003 Copy of nap mat 007 Copy of rabbit 4 Copy of rubber ducky 3 fairy 2
Then I figured they would be good to take to sporting events. I put a strap on the quillow to make it easier to carry.
trojan013 Jacket quillow july 012 KC Chiefs 002 longhorn quillow july 022
My nephew plays for the Houston Cougars (#77). Watch for him this season!
Copy of cougar quillow 14 4x6 cougar CIMG0802 Copy of cougar quillow 1
   The possibilities are endless.
Quillows have so many uses:
  1. ~ Keeps you warm while watching TV or reading
  2. ~ Great in the car
  3. ~ Perfect for nursing home residents
  4. ~ Pack for overnight visit to friend, grandma, or a hotel
  5. ~ Wonderful accessory for the camper
  6. ~ A great extra blanket/pillow for unexpected couch guests
  7. ~ Makes a great school nap blanket or “blankie”.
  8. ~ Makes a lovely decoration for your sofa or easy chair
  9. ~ Picnic carryall and blanket
  10. ~ Great for baby
  11. ~ Soft seat or quick cover at sporting events
  12. ~ They make UNIQUE gifts!!!
With a little practice, they are very easy to fold, or you can just stuff the quilt in the pillow and keep going! 
fold quillow
Now I have started making pretty quillows for the bed or couch or car.
paisley quillow july 008 E quillow 001 esther quillow july 001 GAME quillow 018
You can find all of the quillows at Creative Art & Design  or send me an email at msbacom@comcast.net

Remember: Fabric Art is sold locally at the  

Where I Party!

Furniture Feature Fridays  BoostMyBlogFriday  New Friend Fridays          A Little Knick Knack  Photobucket Iron Violet Designs 504 Main   A Glimpse Inside featured button    giveawaysBoostMyBlogFriday        Photobucket Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for joining the Mingle With Us Blog Hop Yestedray, FOllowing you!

    Mom's of all Trades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Following you from Boost My Blog! Please stop by and say hi...and follow me too :)
    Thanks and have a great day!
    Maureen
    Areyouamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! Super cute! Thanks for linking them up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your custom quillows are original and fun...Stopped by to follow your blog from the 504Main blog hop... do comment/follow me back :-)
    Have an abundant 2011! :-)
    Best,
    Elizabeth
    Positive Kismet Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous...what a great idea. I had no idea they had a history -we have a buzz lightyear beach towel that kind of does that, but this is so much better. Thanks for lining up to Tickled Pink.

    ReplyDelete