Monday, February 28, 2011

Marvelous Monday: Marvelous God

It is VERY early on Monday morning (12:25 am) and I realized that I have not started on my Marvelous Monday blog. 

I can always talk about my marvelous God. Just before Thanksgiving of 2010, our minister discovered that he had a brain tumor. Let me tell you there was a lot of praying going on. It was determined that he would have surgery. The tumor appeared to be outside the actual brain and slow growing. Now I don’t know all of the medical information, so just go with me on this. What I do know is that God has taken care of Danny, his wife and 4 children.

The surgery went well and the next day Danny was great. Then he had a brain bleed. He spent several weeks in ICU. They had to put in a shunt and progress has been slow. He has had physical and speech therapy. They have finally controlled his headaches. His Facebook comment earlier today was:
Big appointment Tuesday. MRI, blood work, Doctor consultation. Should find out about my chemo regimen going forward and genetics results from tumor. Would appreciate your prayers. I know God is good and much bigger than this tumor.
He has been such an inspiration to us all through this trial. If all goes well this week, he will be preaching his first sermon since Thanksgiving next Sunday.

Praise to our marvelous God and pray for his servant Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment