Sunday, January 16, 2011

Marvelous Monday Remembering My Brother-in-Love

The last few years have been a real struggle for my brother- in- law. Many years of hard living and hard working demanded payment. He was a welder, a tank truck driver, a smoker and world worker. His lungs finally said ENOUGH! He was treated at the VA hospital for COPD and related problems.

I will not go into all of his struggles, but stubbornness, a strong will, just plain hardheadedness, and a love of God kept him alive much longer than anyone expected.

In September we had the Greatest Before and After. His daughter, Jackie, has taken excellent care of him. She bought a home in Austin so that Gary could live at her house and she could take care of him.

His body was just not strong enough to overcome the abuse it had suffered. He passed away this morning and he will be missed.

Our church secretary from Orange expressed it well. "So sorry to hear about Gary. I loved Gary. He would come to the church office for his studies with Tommy, and we would spend a little time talking. He gave me the Bible I use today. God bless you and your family. ♥". The Bacom boys were always entertaining.


Today would have been my dad's 89th birthday. Gary's arrival in heaven will be a nice gift. Gary always liked my dad.




We'll see you in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment