Tuesday, January 4, 2011

God Has Smiled on Me!

 This is a repost from wordpress.com. It is still very applicable for this new year.

This week, I have been thinking a lot about God's love, grace, generosity and especially His patience. Anyone who knows Brad and I, knows that our life is crazy. On the Family Feud scale, we would definitely be a "10" on the excitement scale. We bring most of it on ourselves because of poor choices. We like to blame it on ADHD, procrastination, illness or just bad luck, but poor choices sum it up.
Through all of this God continues to shower us with blessings. I cannot and will not list all of these blessings, because they are many. I do want to tell you that we have discovered the most loving and caring church family here in Friendswood.
Now I am a charter member of this church. My parents were instrumental in starting the church in Friendswood when I was 13 years old. I believe that the vibe or attitude of this family is largely because of my parents' love for Christ. The "descendents" of those founding fathers have continued to focus on the love of Christ. When we moved back after hurricane Ike, they welcomed us and put us right to work. We enjoy singing on the Praise team. "Mr. Brad" loves greeting and teaching the children. I work with the women's ministry. We help with Meals on Wheels.
This church family encourages us. They have invited us to join in many fellowship activities. When we are down, they build us up. When we struggle, they comfort. They laugh at Brad's stories and show interest in my creative endeavors. They even bring me their trash. But it is their true, real and Christ-like love that makes me sing:
God has smiled on me
He has set me free.
God has smiled on me.
He's been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment