Monday, July 11, 2011

Marvelous Monday: Marvelous Trip

Last week I told you I was leaving town for a few days and I was not happy. Well, God knows best what I need.

I'll just go back a few weeks. My husband is a licensed investigator. There is a woman in Conroe, TX. who is also an investigator. She has some land in west Texas and invited Brad to go hunt. He is like a child when he gets a chance to go hunting. Kay wanted me to go as another female and for Brad to bring another male to help with heavy lifting. You know, Brad does not know when to quit and often gets injured.

We invited our nephew to go with us. You may remember him as my essential material when building a shade sail. He also loves to hunt. We drove 8 hours across Texas last Thursday. The property is WAY out in the country. We drove 2 hours AFTER we left civilization. The road was up and down and left and right on 2 lanes. I got car sick. The last 30 minutes was dirt and rock road. I NEED my Walmart and Kroger, and Home Depot.

It turned out, the place was beautiful.
 

We sat on the front porch and the animals came up to eat the corn and vegetables that we left.


This is not the season for shooting white tail deer. They are only for looking. The drought in Texas is so bad, they are hungry and thirsty.


Brad was able to shoot an exotic deer. He was so happy. I will enjoy the meat.
 We joked that it looks like Santa got mad at one of his reindeer.
Our nephew did not get an animal, but I think he had fun.

 
I needed to relax and this is the place.

I brought books and handwork. I looked at nature. Pam even let me help her decorate her small house. We rearranged furniture and adjusted a cabinet to fit in her kitchen. You can see it in the picture above.

We ate all the wrong food and had a great time. I might even go back.


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment