Monday, May 9, 2011

Marvelous Monday: Marvelous April








It has taken me a full week to get over April. I haven't posted a blog in 2 weeks. Now is the time to get back to business. I will make this post a review of last month.

The first weekend was our annual Bacom Reunion.  My husband was born the youngest of 3 boys to Julia and James Bacom. When both of his parents passed away, the boys decided to set aside the first weekend in April as a reunion. We have done this for about 7 years. Now Brad is the only son left. We had a nice gathering at my sister-in-law's house in Cypress, TX.

 This is my grandson and my nephew's son (I don't know his relation to me. great-nephew?) discussing who gets to ride the tricycle and who gets the firetruck. They both wanted the cool bike.

After the reunion, our grandson came home with us and his parents went back to Austin. My pregnant daughter was visiting from Oklahoma. This was a great time for aunt to get to know nephew. We had a great time playing "soutside" with the bike I just had to buy him.






The second weekend in April was my mother's 90th birthday. We had a party Saturday and over 100 people came.







The grandson went home with his parents on Sunday and my daughter left on Monday.


The third weekend I participated in the F.I.G. (Friendswood Is Great) Festival. Sunday, April 17, I began a painting at church.

On Easter Sunday I completed the painting The Brightest Dawn.

The culmination of the month of April was the Third Annual Friendswood Family Festival. I was the official coordinator, but I had lots of help. It was great. The only problem we had was electrical. When I arrived on Saturday morning at 7:00, there was no electricity. The entire neighborhood was out. We did not get electricity until 9:00 and the festival started at 10:00. We worked like crazy and it was great!

















Everyone had a great time. We had an auction and bake sale and some awesome sponsors. The church and school made a profit of $8000. YEAH!! and it is over for another year.




Signature

1 comment:

  1. You had an awesome busy month! Congratulations to your remarkable mom - 90 years old! Good for her and as it should be and more!

    Have a glorious May, too. As always, best wishes,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete